Whanganui Regional Museum
The Museum provides the following services:
- Acquiring, documenting and preserving the Museum collection.
- Responding to individual requests for information based on Museum collections, including archives.
- Helping and advising individuals, organisations, businesses, community groups and smaller museums on how to care for and protect cultural heritage.
- Developing permanent displays, and an annual programme of changing exhibitions which presents the story of Whanganui’s natural and human history for local, national and international visitors.
- Providing education and public events programmes based on the Museum’s collections, exhibitions and functions, aimed at students at all levels and the general community.
- Managing the Museum’s physical, financial and human resources and administrative services, and promoting the Museum.
- Museum Programmes
- Museum Collection
- Museum Building Development
Page reviewed: 10 Oct 2016 2:17pm