Whanganui & Partners provides funding and support for a number of events that it identifies through funding criteria as having a significant economic impact.
What events are likely to be funded?
Event funding from this budget is seed funding – initial money to get an event underway and through the early stages of development.
It is expected that as an event grows it should develop a sustainable business plan and secure sponsorship and/or other funding and revenue so that Whanganui & Partners event funding can lessen and end.
We want to support events that align with our strategic goals. We will prioritise funding for events that are:
- Relevant to Whanganui’s arts, culture or heritage
- A tournament or competition bringing in visitors for more than a day
- Encouraging visitors to stay in commercial accommodation
- Likely to be held between April and August
- Intended to be an annual event
For more information, visit the Whanganui & Partners website