The Council's Annual Plan for 2022/23(PDF, 4MB) including work programmes for the coming year and amendments to the Long Term Plan 2021-2031.
Key decisions made by Council in this year’s Annual Plan include agreeing to:
- Introduce a kerbside recycling service from 1 July 2023
- Introduce kerbside food waste service from 1 July 2024.
After hearing community submissions, councillors voted to lower the cost of kerbside services by 20 percent (using central government funding from waste levies).
Other key decisions made by council at is deliberations on 26 May 2022 include:
- Reducing the debt retirement rate to zero for 2022/23.
- Increasing the stormwater rate for serviceable properties and properties in Magnolia Crescent, Simon Street and Morell Street to 75% of the rate for a fully serviced property from 1 July 2022.
- Confirming the changes to Splash Centre fees and charges for 2022/23 as outlined in the supporting information to the Draft Annual Plan 2022/23.
- Approving the removal of general rates as a funding source for kerbside service set-up costs in 2022/23 in the Revenue and Financing Policy 2022.
- Requesting the Chief Executive to provide a report to the ICCEMT Committee on the matter of road safety infrastructure on Seafront Road and the Seafront Road playground, and on the matter of Rimu and Puriri St roading safety improvements.
- Approving the adjustment of the funding split between the general rate and CBD rates for the Mainstreet CBD maintenance contract to maintain the CBD targeted rate to similar levels as set for 2021/22.
- Approving the use of $25,000 of the existing Climate Change Fund for the promotion of the high frequency bus trial in 2022/23.