Plan Change 54 – Industrial
For some years Whanganui District Council has been conducting a "rolling review" of its District Plan provisions.
In 2019, the council commenced a review and update of the existing District Plan provisions regulating industrial activities in the Manufacturing Zone. Any changes to the existing Plan provisions will be addressed in proposed Plan Change 54.
Three appeals have been lodged with the Environment Court.
Amendment to Decision
For consistency, the following amendments have been made as a variation to Appendix 2 - Recommended provisions as per Schedule 1 Clause 16(2):
GIZ-S3 Visual Amenity
g. Screen planting is not located within 10m of the Gas Transmission Network.
All activities shall comply with the standards in EW-Earthworks
and shall not be located within 10 metres of the GTN.
The Plan Change Decision was publicly notified on Saturday 19 February 2022. The period for lodging appeals closed on Friday 1 April 2022.
Public Notice(PDF, 122KB)
The council accepted the Recommendation Report and Appendices on Tuesday 15 February 2002.
The Commissioners have completed the following Recommendation Report:
The Hearing of Submissions was held on Tuesday 16 November 2021 by Independent Commissioners.
- Errata Hearing Report (s42A)(PDF, 304KB)
- Minute 2 - Directions from the Commissioner(PDF, 134KB)
- Hearing Report (s42A)(PDF, 303KB)
- Appendix 1 - Public Notices(PDF, 167KB)
- Appendix 2 - Submissions and Further Submissions(PDF, 20MB)
- Appendix 3 - Summary of Submissions by topic(PDF, 101KB) and Table of Recommendations(PDF, 214KB)
- Appendix 4
- Appendix 5 - Cultural Impact Assessment Reports(PDF, 7MB)
- Appendix 6 - Section 32AA Re-Evaluation(PDF, 577KB)
- Minute 1 - Directions from Commissioner(PDF, 155KB)
- Errata Hearing Report (s42A)
Closed on 24 September 2021
An additional submission (see below) was received from 4Sight Consulting on behalf of the Oil Companies, but was omitted from the original Summary of Submissions.
Oil Companies Submission(PDF, 384KB)
Plan Change 54 was publicly notified on 3 July 2021. Submissions closed on 30 July 2021.
An Engagement Plan and Discussion Papers were prepared in October 2019 to focus and facilitate engagement:
A number of technical reports have been commissioned to inform the review. Those completed to date are:
- Appendix A - Figures(PDF, 14MB)
- Appendix B - Landscape Design Report(PDF, 5MB)
- Appendix C - Geotechnical Assessment(PDF, 1MB)
- Appendix D - Groundwater Desktop Report(PDF, 3MB)
- Appendix E - Three Waters Design Summary(PDF, 87KB)
- Appendix F - Stormwater Maps(PDF, 4MB)
- Appendix G - Wastewater Maps(PDF, 8MB)
- Appendix H - Water Maps(PDF, 12MB)
- Appendix I - Cost Estimates(PDF, 652KB)
- Appendix J - Consultation Report(PDF, 3MB)
It is anticipated that the council will be asked to approve public notification and a call for submissions to Plan Change 54 in the first half of 2021.
Follow this page for progress updates on this work. If you have any queries, please contact Gavin McCullagh at Gavin.McCullagh@whanganui.govt.nz or call 06 349 3102.