Planned works November 2018
Durie Hill Elevator
A fault with the Durie Hill Elevator means it won't be working for up to four weeks. During this period, all mechanical parts will be overhauled and new cables will be installed. We will let you know when it's up and running again via Community Link and our Facebook page.
Taupō Quay/St Hill Street traffic signals
Traffic signals have been switched on at the Taupō Quay/St Hill Street intersection.
The traffic signals have been installed at the T-intersection as part of Te Tuaiwi Shared Pathway and an upgrade of Taupō Quay. The shared pathway runs the length of St Hill Street, separating cyclists from motor vehicles and providing school children with a safer route to schools in the central city.
The new lay-out includes designated left and right turning lanes for all drivers. Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to cross safely from St Hill Street to Taupō Quay, make their way to the City Wharf and join up with the City to North Mole shared pathway.
Crossing safely at a controlled intersection:
- Check to make sure the pedestrian and/or cyclist signal opposite you has turned green, or the button is vibrating, before you cross. The buzzer is a warning to check your signal – it is not a 'clear to cross' signal.
- Each button is an audio/tactile unit that emits its own sound and vibration to assist those who are visually impaired to cross safely.
- If the signal turns flashing red while you're crossing, carry on. You'll have time to get across. The green signal is to initiate crossing. If it is flashing red or red don't start your crossing.
- It is best to check for turning traffic before and during crossing. Turning drivers will be getting used to the new signals, so stay alert on the crossing at all times.
Mosston Road restrictions
- Heads Road (East of Mosston Road) from 6 August 2018 to 26 November 2018
Although we will try to minimise full road closures as
much as possible, in some cases they can’t be avoided due to the nature of the
work taking place.
Pedestrian bridge closure – Matipo Park