What is excessive or unreasonable noise?
Being mindful of others
- Minimise noise travelling from your property by keeping doors and windows closed
- Be aware of the direction your stereo speakers are facing
- Ensure your burglar alarm will cut off after 15 minutes or a contact number is visible on the property
- Lower the noise at a reasonable hour at night
- Ensure your car alarms are installed correctly and are not over-sensitive or faulty
- Avoid using noisy equipment, such as chainsaws, in the early morning or late in the evenings or advise your neighbours if you are considering doing this work
- Consider sound-proofing music practice rooms and let your neighbours know when your band is getting together
When can I complain?
What if 'noise control' are called out?
What happens if my equipment is seized?
Page reviewed: 20 Dec 2018 11:34am