Chair: Mayor Hamish McDouall
Joint Deputy Chairs: Cr Alan Taylor and Cr Charlie Anderson
Members: All councillors
David Matthews (Chair Wanganui Rural Community Board); Alternative Representative: Any one of the Wanganui Rural Community Board Members (Bill Ashworth, Michael Dick, Alistair Duff, Sandra Falkner, Grant Skilton, David Wells)
The Terms of Reference were amended by Council resolution on 13 March 2018.
Terms of Reference of the Statutory Management Committee
- To hear and make recommendations to the Council on changes to the District Plan pursuant to the Resource Management Act 1991.
- To hear and determine resource consent applications pursuant to the Resource Management Act 1991 to the extent authorised by the Council delegation.
- To hear and determine applications for exemption under section 12 of the Fencing and Swimming Pools Act 1997.
- To hear and determine matters under the Dog Control Act 1996.
- To hear and determine objections to urban and rural temporary road closure objections.
- The power to undertake consultation procedure, and hearing of submissions and making a recommendation preceding the adoption of a by-law which is reserved to the Council.
- The power to hear submissions and make a determination on those submissions on proposed policies except the power to adopt policies required to be adopted and consulted on under the Local Government Act in association with the long-term plan or developed for the purpose of the local governance statement.