Notice of election to fill extraordinary vacancy
Nomination of candidates and enrolment arrangements
I, Noeline Moosman, Electoral Officer, give notice that on Tuesday, 18 February 2020 the following election will be held under the First Past the Post (FPP) electoral system by postal vote:
Whanganui Rural Community Board – Whanganui subdivision – election of one (1) member to be elected by the electors of the Whanganui subdivision
Candidate names will be listed in random order on the voting document.
Nominations for the above position open on Monday, 25 November 2019, and must be made on the appropriate nomination paper, available from the Electoral Officer.
Completed nomination documents must be received by the Electoral Officer no later than 12 noon on Monday, 23 December 2019. Each nomination must be accompanied by a deposit of $200 incl GST, payable by eftpos, cash, or online banking.
Candidates are encouraged to submit a candidate profile statement and photograph for sending out with voting documents to electors.
The requirements for profile statements and photos are set out in a candidate handbook that is available with the nomination papers.
Preliminary electoral rolls can be inspected at the following locations during normal office hours from Monday, 25 November, to Monday, 23 December 2019:
- Whanganui District Council office, 101 Guyton Street, Whanganui
- Whanganui District Library, Pukenamu Queen’s Park, Whanganui
Updates to the preliminary electoral roll close at 12 noon on Monday, 23 December 2019.
Persons may enroll or amend their enrolment details by:
completing an enrolment form available at Post Shops, public libraries or the Whanganui District Council office at 101 Guyton Street
- calling 0800 ENROL NOW (0800 36 76 56)
- visiting the Elections website (www.elections.org.nz)
- Applications for registration as a ratepayer elector are to be made on the non-residential form available from the Whanganui District Council office, and must be returned to the Electoral Officer before 12 noon on Monday, 23 December 2019.
Noeline Moosman, Electoral Officer
Whanganui District Council
22 November 2019