Under the Transport (Vehicular Traffic Road Closure) Regulations 1965, it is proposed to close the following roads for the annual Whanganui Christmas Parade.
Period of closure:
Saturday, 14 December 2019
12.00pm to 3.00pm
- Cooks Street from Guyton Street to Ingestre Street.
1.45pm to 3.00pm
- Victoria Avenue from Ingestre Street to Ridgway Street
- Guyton Street from Wicksteed Street to St Hill Street
- Maria Place from the Farmers carpark to Victoria Avenue
- Ridgway Street from the Watt Fountain to St Hill Street
- St Hill Street from Ridgway Street to the Royal Wanganui Opera House.
During the proposed closures, directional signs will be in place to show the alternative routes.
Any person objecting to the proposal should lodge written notice of their objection and reasons before Saturday, 16 November 2019 at Council Customer Services, 101 Guyton Street, Whanganui.
Kym Fell, Chief Executive