Long Term Plan 2018-2028
The consultation period for the Long Term Plan for 2018–2028 has now ended. You can view a full record of submissions we received below
The key issues
- Paying for the impact of forestry on our roads
Implement a new targeted rate for exotic forestry properties. This would mean that exotic forestry properties pay 2.5 times their current contributing to roading.
- Port revitalisation
Proceed with the Port Revitalisation Programme (should the business case be approved).
- Our stormwater network
Upgrade the stormwater network in priority areas and the remainder in descending order of priority over time.
- Funding of Wastewater and Trade Waste, Resilient Roading, Animal Management, Port and River
- Kerbside Recycling Service
- Funding increase for Whanganui Regional Museum
- Funding increase for Whanganui Resource Recovery Centre
- Funding assistance for building owners comply with heritage preservation initiatives
- Establishing suburban library hubs
- Upgrade the Wikitoria Road culvert, subject to NZTA approval of funding.
We invite you to read the document and consider the options.
What will this mean for my rates?
Find out how the proposed Long Term Plan might effect your rates using our online property search tool.
Note: Rates for 2018/2019 are indicative only at this stage and will be finalised in July 2018 after the 2018-28 Long Term Plan has been adopted by Council. Rates have been calculated based on valuations held at March 2018. If the property has had major development or subdivision resulting in a revaluation this will be incorporated in the final rates calculation at 1 July 2018.
Search for your property →
In addition to our Long Term Plan, we are also seeking your feedback on the following:
Draft Rates Remission and Postponement Policies
Legislation requires that councils' Rates Remission and Postponement Policies be publicly consulted upon at least once every 6 years. These policies are:
The proposed changes are outlined in the Statement of Proposal(PDF, 559KB).