Draft Castlecliff Coastal Reserve Management Plan
A Draft Reserve Management Plan has been prepared for the Castlecliff Coastal Reserve, taking into account initial community and stakeholder input.
Submissions closed at 5.00pm on Friday, 17 August 2018.
View all the submissions received(PDF, 11MB) →
Hearing of submissions and deliberations
The Council's Statutory Management Committee will deliberate on submissions on the draft Castlecliff Reserve Management Plan in the Council Chamber at 9.00am on Thursday, 13 December 2018. The Council heard submissions on Thursday, 11 October 2018.
Hearing Report References
Reference C - Summary of Submission with Officer comments and recommendations(PDF, 833KB)
Reference D - Marked up Text(PDF, 5MB)
Reference E - Record of stakeholder engagement (PDF, 444KB)
The plan will guide the management of the reserve for the next 10 years. It provides an outline of the Council's intentions for its use, development, maintenance, protection and preservation.
The draft management plan also promotes working collaboratively with the Castlecliff community and mana whenua to ensure a multi-dimensional approach is used in future management.
Here's what we aim to achieve with this plan:
- Ensure that sites of historic or cultural significance within the reserve are recorded and protected.
- Promote a range of recreational opportunities within the reserve, whilst protecting cultural, landscape, and ecological values.
- Ensure that reserve facilities are maintained and upgraded where necessary, to enable the community to continue to use and enjoy such facilities.
- To stabilise and reinstate the dynamic dune system, whilst providing for compatible recreational activities within the reserve.
- To allow for the occupation of the reserves for approved uses and facilities by the granting of a lease, licence or permit.
The Castlecliff Coastal Reserve encompasses the gazetted Castlecliff Domain Recreation Reserve, the North Mole, the land directly to the north-west of the gazetted reserve and the land seaward up to the mean high water tide mark.
There is a legal requirement to prepare a reserve management plan for the Castlecliff Domain Recreation Reserve under Section 41 of the Reserves Act 1977.
If you have any questions, please contact Policy Planner, Victoria Edmonds. Phone 349 3168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org