Our Customer Care Charter is part of our whole of Council commitment to be recognised as a provider of consistently outstanding customer service.
We take customer service seriously and have committed through our Leading Edge vision to partner with our community – creating a flourishing, connected and united district that truly works for everyone.
This means that we will be as enabling as possible when we work with you and will look for improvement opportunities where we can. We want to be innovative and ahead of the game.
Download a printable version of our Customer Care Charter(PDF, 462KB)
As our customer you can expect us to…
- deliver professional and friendly service
- be timely – and let you know how long things will take
- ensure accurate information is provided in a timely manner
- respect and protect the integrity and privacy of your information
- offer options for accessing our information and services
- advise you of our policies, processes and strategies and how these might affect you
- tailor our quality service to your needs as part of our Leading Edge vision
- be cost effective
- be enabling – reducing red tape if possible
- use plain language.
Our commitment to you is to…
- treat you with courtesy and respect
- keep you informed of the progress of your enquiry
- be a customer-focused organisation (this is a key priority for all our staff)
- respond to your queries promptly (whether you make contact in person, by telephone, through the website or via mail, e-mail or social media)
- take responsibility for ensuring you reach the most appropriate person to help you
- ensure you understand the information we are providing
- apologise if we make a mistake and work to make it right
- ask you how we are doing – for example, we regularly survey our customers and invite written feedback
- provide avenues for you to make a complaint and pay a compliment
- value and respect the diversity of our customers and try to meet their individual needs
- work in partnership with other community organisations where possible
- provide opportunities for you to get involved and provide feedback – for example, through Council or community meetings, surveys and public consultation
- keep you up-to-date and informed about what Council is doing – for example, in the media, through Facebook or on the Council website.
To make things quicker and easier here is how you can help us to help you…
- Tell us what your requirements are.
- Provide us with accurate and complete information (receipt of accurate and complete information will make things move more quickly – but we will work with you to make sure you know what these expectations are beforehand).
- Treat us politely and with respect.
- Be patient – we will always work to keep waiting times to a minimum.
- Respect the rights of other customers.
- Work with us to solve problems.
- Ask us if you are not sure about anything we have told you.
- Carefully read any information we provide you with.
- Be on time for any appointments and let us know if you need to cancel or postpone.
- Let us know if you need an interpreter or information in other formats (for example, if you are hearing or sight impaired).
Your feedback is important to us…
Please feel free to use the form below if you would like to give us feedback on our services.
Please note that feedback and requests from our website are not monitored 24/7. If your request is urgent, please phone us on (06) 349 0001.
Please provide as many details as possible, such as department, names, date and time.
Your contact details