Strategy and Finance Committee
The Strategy and Finance Committee monitors the Council’s financial performance as well as develops and recommends strategies, plans and policies.
Cr Kate Joblin
Cr Philippa Baker-Hogan
Whanganui Rural Community Board representative
Grant Skilton (alternative member – David Wells)
Terms of Reference
- To develop and recommend strategies, plans and policies to the Council that advance the Council's vision and goals and comply with the purpose of the Local Government Act.
- Develop and recommend bylaws to the Council.
- To approve draft strategies, draft plans, draft policies and draft bylaws for consultation (Council resolution, 8 March 2017).
- To develop and approve submissions to government, local authorities and other organisations.
- To monitor the Council's financial and non-financial performance against the Long-Term Plan and Annual Plan.
- To write off outstanding accounts no greater than $10,000.
- To deal with social and community related matters.
- Safer Whanganui (TOR amended Council resolution 6 December 2017).