Statutory Management Committee
The Statutory Management Committee has regulatory, policy and bylaw responsibilities, as well as conducting hearings under the Resource Management Act 1991.
- To hear and determine matters under the Dog Control Act 1996.
- To hear and determine objections to urban and rural temporary road closure objections.
- Delegated power under section 67A of the Building Act to grant a waiver or modification of section 162C (1) or (2) of the Building Act.
- Delegated power under clause 16.2 of Whanganui District Council’s Streets Infrastructure Bylaw 2015 to confirm, reverse, or modify the decision or conditions made by an authorised officer.
Cr Alan Taylor or Cr Charlie Anderson.
Minimum on Committee
Policy and Bylaws
- To hear and make recommendations to the Council on the adoption of a bylaw.
- To hear and make a determination on those submissions on proposed policies, except those policies required to be adopted and consulted on under the Local Government Act in association with the long-term plan or developed for the purpose of the Local Governance Statement.
Mayor Hamish McDouall.
- All Councillors
- David Matthews (Chair, Wanganui Rural Community Board)
- Alternative representative: any one of the Wanganui Rural Community Board Members (Bill Ashworth, Michael Dick, Alistair Duff, Sandra Falkner, Grant Skilton, David Wells) (TOR amended Council resolution 13 March 2018).
Majority of Members (Standing Order 10.2).
Hearings under the Resource Management Act 1991
- To hear and make recommendations to the Council on changes to the District Plan pursuant to the Resource Management Act 1991.
- To hear and determine resource consent applications pursuant to the Resource Management Act 1991 to the extent authorised by the Council delegation.
Qualified elected and non-elected independent Commissioners.
Minimum on Hearing: