Plan Change 55 - Miscellaneous
Plan Change 55 covers a number of miscellaneous matters. These minor changes are designed to improve the implementation of the District Plan provisions and Council's functions under the Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA).
- The policy framework around residential amenity
- Deletion of duplicate provisions
- Deletion of the Tree Rules in Rural Zones
- Simplification to the fence rules in Residential Zones
- Precluding some minor activities from public notification
- Moving the subdivisions rules from the zone chapters to Part 1 of Chapter 13 Subdivision and Infrastructure
- Amendments to Chapter 16 Signage inserting the Signal Policy 2018 and increasing the size of real estate signage
- Add surveyors to the definition of 'Suitably Qualified Design Professionals'.
On 12 March 2019 Council approved the vast majority of the proposed amendments proposed in PC55 (affecting Chapters 2-5, 7, 8, 10, 13 and 16), and resolved to make those changes operative on 26 March 2019.
Council meeting minutes(PDF, 6MB)
Council considered all submissions at the Council meeting on 9 April 2019. Decisions on submissions were notified on Wednesday 17 April 2019 and became effective immediately. The period for lodging appeals closed at 5pm on Tuesday 4th June 2019.
Council approved PC55 at its meeting on 14 May 2019. PC55 became fully operative on 24 June 2019.
The Summary of Submissions was publicly notified on 16 February 2019 and the further submission period closed on Monday, 4 March 2019.
If you have any queries, please contact Hamish Lampp on (06) 349 3022 or email Hamish Lampp