To help prevent crime in the rural area, Whanganui Rural Community Board has made funding available to support rural residents and organisations to set up security cameras.
Imagery from the cameras is sent via the internet to a recorder. This information can then be shared with Police.
Before applying, please make sure you read the following guidelines.
Guidelines for Security Camera Funding Grants
- Grant applications will be considered at the next appropriate Whanganui Rural Community Board (WRCB) meeting from the date the application is received.
- WRCB will assess and approve grant applications in the confidential section of its meeting.
- The amount funded per application will be at the discretion of the WRCB, with the indicative grant of $500 per camera.
- Once the grant application is approved, funds are available to be paid to a WRCB approved installer on receipt of an invoice for installation.
- This is a community project with funding supported by the Whanganui Rural Community Board. Ownership of the cameras remains with the community.
If you are successful your grant will be paid upon presentation of the invoice by the camera supplier.
If you don't have a phone number, please add your email address so we can get in touch with you
If you are representing a group or organisation, please provide its name here
Please provide coordinates of the camera location (lat, long)
Please provide a link to the camera location on Google Maps
Please note the standard funding application is $500 per camera
You can also include additional information by attaching documents below
Please attach any further information or supporting documents