The key issues
- Paying for the impact of forestry on our roads
Implement a new targeted rate for exotic forestry properties. This would mean that exotic forestry properties pay 2.5 times their current contributing to roading.
- Port revitalisation
Proceed with the Port Revitalisation Programme (should the business case be approved).
- Our stormwater network
Upgrade the stormwater network in priority areas and the remainder in descending order of priority over time.
- Funding of Wastewater and Trade Waste, Resilient Roading, Animal Management, Port and River
- Kerbside Recycling Service
- Funding increase for Whanganui Regional Museum
- Funding increase for Whanganui Resource Recovery Centre
- Funding assistance for buiding owners comply with heritage preservation initiatives
- Establising suburban library hubs
- Upgrade the Wikitoria Road culvert, subject to NZTA approval of funding.
What will this mean for my rates?
Activity Plans including Performance Measures
Capital projects by group
Development Contributions Policy 2018
Financial Strategy 2018-28
Full Financial Statements and Rates Information
Infrastructure Strategy 2018-2048
Liability Management Policy
Significance and Engagement Policy
In addition to our Long Term Plan, we are also seeking your feedback on the following:
Draft Rates Remission and Postponement Policies
The proposed changes are outlined in the Statement of Proposal.
Draft Revenue and Financing Policy
Proposed Fees and Charges for 2018/19